"Our mission is to be regarded as a company that achieves and maintains the highest qualities of service for all clients and provides the staff members with a working environment they find challenging and rewarding."
This statement sets out BTi's policy in Australia for handling personal information collected when dealing with its clients and business partners.
Collection and Use
BTi generally collects personal information such as individual's name, address, email address, banking details, personal ID such as Passport and drivers license details, date of birth and gender. In most cases BTi collects personal information directly from BTi's clients, from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives and or from publicly available sources of information.
BTi collects and uses personal information for a number of purposes such as:
· Procurement of inter-modal transportation and logistics services
· Importation and exportation of goods
· Customs and ATO declaration for the purpose of import and export goods
· Account management and billing
· Internal business operation such as planning, service development and reporting to related companies
· Advising clients of our services and any changes from time to time
Disclosure of personal Information
BTi in using personal information for the above purposes may need to disclose personal information to various organizations and/or parties such as Australian taxation Office, Australian Customs Services, Shipping lines, contracted service providers, business partners and related companies.
BTi may need to disclose personal information to organizations and/or parties in a foreign country where for example, this disclosure is necessary for the performance of contracted services in the interest of the individual.
BTi may also disclose information in special cases when BTi in good faith believe that such action is reasonably necessary, for example, to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process, protect and defend BTi's rights or property, enforce BTi's contractual arrangements or act to protect the interest of BTi's clients.
Personal Information Security
BTi exercises great care to protect information you provide to us. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We have a range of physical and technology policies in place to provide a robust security environment. We ensure the on-going adequacy of these measures by regularly reviewing them.
Our security measures include, but are not limited to:
· restricting access to our computer systems and physical records to authorised persons and preventing users from accessing information they have no need to access;
· requiring employees to use unique passwords to gain access to systems;
· employing firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to prevent unauthorized persons and viruses from entering our system.
If you are providing personal information to BTi, BTi requests that you take all necessary steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up todate.
If you have any questions or suggestions please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Privacy" as the subject matter.
External sites that are linked to or from BTi's website are not under our control and you are advised to review their privacy statement.